Watford's FA Cup final preparations hit by loss to West Ham
- Lampard allowed to hold talks on Chelsea coach job
- Benitez leaves Newcastle after 3 years in charge
- Relief for host Egypt after opening African Cup with win
- Salah's Egypt opens African Cup with 1-0 win over Zimbabwe
- Petr Cech returns to Chelsea as technical advisor
- Former Spain striker Fernando Torres announces retirement
- Attack-minded Sarri foresees more goal records for Ronaldo
- Atletico reaches agreement with Real Madrid to sign Llorente
- African Cup is the Salah show but trouble behind the scenes
- PSV Eindhoven draws Basel in Champions League qualifying
WATFORD, England (AP) Watford's preparations for next weekend's FA Cup final against Manchester City were hit by a 4-1 loss to West Ham on the final day of the Premier League season on Sunday.
Aside from the psychological damage inflicted by a big loss, Watford also had left back Jose Holebas sent off - ruling him out of the final at Wembley Stadium on Saturday.
West Ham captain Mark Noble started and ended the scoring with a fine individual effort and a late penalty, with Manuel Lanzini and Marko Arnautovic also netting in a comfortable win.
Gerard Deulofeu pulled one back for the hosts 11 seconds into the second half, only for Holebas to be sent off after he was adjudged to have barged over Michail Antonio.
Watford manager Javi Gracia said the club would appeal the red card.
West Ham finished in 10th spot, one place and two points above Watford.
More AP English soccer: https://apnews.com/PremierLeague and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated May 12, 2019
Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS is strictly prohibited.
Published: 2015-05-28 13:51:00
Updated: 2016-07-13 10:41:59
Triangle Area Special Offers
|NASCAR XFINITY SERIES AT IOWA|
|8||23||John Hunter Nemechek||6|
|NASCAR GANDER OUTDOORS TRUCK SERIES AT ST. LOUIS|
|MONSTER ENERGY NASCAR CUP SERIES AT SONOMA|
|1||19||Martin Truex Jr||8|